The Atlantic Growth Strategy Summit will be taking place February 28 to March 1. The Summit will be happening in Halifax, and will be the sixth Summit to happen since the Strategy was announced in July 2016
The Atlantic Growth Strategy is an action-oriented plan to help Atlantic Canada grow sustainable, world-class companies and industry sectors, develop innovative solutions to economic challenges, build a strong pool of skilled workers, and support strong, healthy communities for generations to come. The Strategy focuses on five strategic priorities for the region: skilled workforce and immigration; innovation; clean growth and climate change; trade and investment; and infrastructure.
Over the next two years, we will continue our work to grow the Atlantic economy. Initiatives include:
- Extending the Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP) for an additional two years to respond to the region’s need to increase its skilled workforce.
- Coordinating strategic investments in Atlantic Canada’s food industry to maximize long-term growth for the industry in the region.
- Mobilizing the Ocean Supercluster in Atlantic Canada to maximize our region’s ocean economy.
- Implementing the ACCESS Atlantic initiative announced in February 2018 to improve digital health care delivery.
- Promoting renewable energy and efficiency through an Atlantic First Nations clean energy conference, and continuing regional collaboration will be key to maintaining Atlantic Canada’s leadership in the production and use of clean electricity.
We will continue to build on the Strategy’s momentum by working together on ways to enhance the labour market, attract investment, increase exports, improve productivity through innovation, encourage clean growth and ensure the effective flow of goods and services.